SKIPPING AROUND SKIDAWAY

I was not literally skipping around Skidaway Island this afternoon, but surely children were skipping under the warm, sunny skies.  The adults were running, walking, biking, kayaking -soaking in the glorious day.

The daffodils DSC_4184I planted are beginning to bloom.  I wasn’t sure that daffodils would like Georgia’s summer heat, so I bought a blend – Southern Gritty.    Birds are moving through the area and new feathered friends are stopping by the bird feeder.  Great excitement here on Skidaway Island over the owlets that have hatched.  The owl Mama has successfully hatched two eggs in an abandoned eagle’s nest.  You can see the progress 24/7 via video cam.  Go to www.landingsbirdcam.com.  Thousands of viewers are enjoying this close up look!  Back to my skip about…. here are

DSC_4200some familiar sights on the water along my walk…

DSC_4206

Georgia, I am becoming really fond of you!

Advertisements

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to SKIPPING AROUND SKIDAWAY

1. Christine says:

try to skip, it is hard!

2. I will try, when no one is watching!

3. Yay for baby owls and daffodils!

4. Looks like a glorious walk!!

R

5. Karen B. says:

Wow, what a wonderful place to walk,or skip! It seems early for daffodils…lucky you. We enjoyed a day in the mid-seventies today but in truth I’d enjoy a bit more “winter” and especially rain.
    Enjoy your warm weather, Jayne.
    xo,
    Karen

6. bittster says:

Nice. It gives me hope that warmer days will filter on up to the rest of us!
    Those owls are doing quite well, it will be interesting to watch them grow. Thanks for the link!

7. Sandy says:

Georgia is beautiful . . . Don’t you just love owls, too cute. Enjoy the wonderful weather you have having . . just too pretty :O)

8. Dawn says:

Daffodils in February!! So many wonderful things to discover during your first Georgia winter! I just knew you would grow to love it, Jayne! ♡

9. Les says:

It is much easier to skip in sunshine than in snow.

10. Daffs are such a cheerful sight. Mine have just poked their heads out but that’s it. Even the snowdrops are still pretty sleepy. But it did look like a wonderful, peaceful walk. 🙂

11. Sunil Patel says:

Hello Jayne, it sounds like you’re falling in love with the place and who could blame you from what you describe. The daffodils coming up are a great sign of the upcoming season – though in Georgia it starts much earlier and finishes much later than it does here!

12. Karen says:

Life in Georgia sounds good…daffodils in February must be lovely.