Contemplation and Camellias

2015 is here; the old calendar is down and the new one is hung so we begin anew!  The camellias are in full bloom as if to welcome the new year!OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA One big difference between living in CT and living in GA is the longer days in Georgia.  The sun set at 5:34 p.m. today but that doesn’t mean it gets pitch dark!  We still have civil twilight until 6:01, which means riding your bike or walking your dog can still be done safely.  Nautical twilight lasts until 6:31!  A longer day, means more time to play.   I don’t have the hibernating tendencies here in Georgia that manifested in Connecticut, but still, I feel the need to take a little break from Jayne On Weed Street. OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA I am working on garden plans for the coming year, so please don’t take me off your list of blogs to visit – I will return soon!  While I am taking my blogging break, I will be observing my camellias

Camellia Sasanqua 'Leslie Ann'

Camellia Sasanqua ‘Leslie Ann’

which are happily blooming and contemplating my additions and changes for the garden. The Lizard Hotel is filling up!  How many more do you think can take up residence here?OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Contemplation and Camellias

1. Karen B. says:

Jayne,
    Happy break! I love camellias and will be eager to see how yours are doing…from these pictures they appear to be wonderful.
    xo,
    Karen

2. So far, so good. Tomorrow evening the temperatures are reportedly dipping below freezing – I wonder how they will respond to that!

3. Linda Mutch says:

My Dear Mom fell in love with Camellias down there…she had them everywhere. She planted two glorious ones right by her their front door!
    So happy that they bring you joy…and brought back a forget ten and nice memory for me!
    Oxox

4. Linda Mutch says:

That would be forgotten…darn auto correct!!!! ugh

5. Thank you for taking the time to visit my place of FrenchNess!
    Love your garden beds and looking forward to what’s in your plans for the new year!

See you and your beauty soon.

Xx
    Dore

6. bittster says:

Enjoy your break and thanks for the camellia pictures. We’re running through an arctic blast here and the color and freshness of the flowers is a nice reminder that spring will return someday.

7. I’m just coming back from my own blogcation. It’s good to take a break. When I lived in SC there were camellias everywhere and I miss them. They’re harder to find here. I love that ‘Leslie Ann’. 🙂

8. I think the camellias like this climate! I especially love the long bloom time!

9. Anita Rivera says:

Glorious color, and a dream of the season to come. Oh Jayne, thank you for this lovely garden I’ve been invited to this morning! Thank you kindly for coming to my last post and leaving a comment. Thank you so much for the sweetest words. It was not an easy decision to make to stop blogging, but the good thing is that I will not delete my blog, I will keep a presence by visiting people, but I have other private writings to attend to. I wish you peace and FUN in the garden! Anita

10. Sunil Patel says:

Hello Jayne, our inherited camellias are covered in numerous fat buds that will open in the spring, so a little way off yet, but the display is beautiful. I’m looking forward to giving them a whole lot of tlc this year with soil, feeding and pruning to get them into shape and an even better display for subsequent years.

11. They seem to require very little to behave well, so imagine what your extra TLC will bring forth. I’ll look forward to seeing photos perhaps!

12. Hi Jayne. The longer days is another reason why I like to go somewhere further south for the holidays. Your ‘Leslie Ann’ is quite pretty.