Christmas Trunk Temptations

DSCN3800Years ago I hosted a Christmas Open House for friends when we all had children in school.  It was a pleasure to furiously decorate the house DSCN3798and in between mad shopping, and volunteer responsibilities in the schools and community, I offered a morning of hot coffee, my best baked cheese and sausage grits, baked eggs and a generous helping of sour cream coffee cake.  Now I have added a new element!  DSCN3817When you stop for the Open House, you can get some great shopping doneDSCN3810 because I hosted my daughter’s business  Small Field Papers’ trunk show! The big hit today was one of Oprah’s Holiday picks, the corksicle!  DSCN3807So fun and useful for the wine lover! Morning visits were treated to a breakfast of hot coffee, tea, pastries, DSCN3818home-baked coffee cake and fruit salad.  If you came during the lunch hour, we fueled your day with sandwiches and cookies.  Daughter and I had a fun day; we hope the guests enjoyed it as much as we did!

Now back to my self-imposed break from blogland, until the New Year!  Happy ChristmasDSCN3825 to all and to all a Good night!DSCN3829

6 Responses to Christmas Trunk Temptations

1. jody says:

I wish that I could have come today! It looks splendid and I’m sure that all had a wonderful time! Now it is your turn to find your chaise lounge and do just that – lounge! xox

2. Ruth W. says:

How nice to meet you! Love your decorating! The transferware platter is wonderful! I am sure that your open house will be a great success! Looks like you took great care of everyone. Love the vignette with the wooden box and ornaments.
    Ruth

3. Nancy says:

What a fun day you must of had and how nice to do this with your daughter! Beautiful decorating and what a neat idea to have a trunk show! Merry Christmas to you and your daughter!
    Nancy

4. Beth says:

Your home is beautifully decorated, Jayne. I love the printed invitation too. Merry Christmas!

5. Grace says:

What a beautiful setting for a fun party. I hope it was a success. I hope too that your Christmas was warm and wonderful.

• jayne says:

Thank you for visiting. I am taking a blog break – my first in two years, but life has taken a bad turn for the moment, though I do hope to be back soon!!!