NO SNAKES ALLOWED!

I try to be in tune with the natural world.  The balance of Nature.  I live and let live in my garden, scoffing at pesticides and herbicides so that  natural predators will eat what comes natural to them.  But may I say ….NO SNAKES ALLOWED!  In an earlier post, I welcomed the friendly garter snakes in my stone wall.  They are non-aggressive and scurry off at the slightest movement.  But there were two massive snakes along my driveway today, and I am sorry but I am screaming,

NO SNAKES ALLOWED!

Having a siesta on my driveway!  Later in the day, I found not one but TWO!

Get out of my garden!  Please, do not procreate!  What would you do, dear readers?  Would you let them stay?  Help!

I had planned a wordless Wednesday and had come out with my camera on this first day of August.  I captured a few blooms, getting prepared for a garden blogging day.

My garden begins to wane after July’s bounty.  The phlox help tide us over until Autumn’s fiery burst.

A few late lilies delight until the dahlias begin to come on strong.

But  the ghastly sight of snakes on the driveway stopped me in my tracks.  How will I go back out there?  I spent the rest of the day inside.  I began to read, “The Big Burn, Teddy Roosevelt and the Fire That Saved America.”  So, not an easy read, but with the specter of those snakes out there….. may I just say that August has started off in a bumpy, jumpy slithery fashion!

Advertisements

7 Responses to NO SNAKES ALLOWED!

1. Grace says:

Sikes, Jayne. I’d be screaming my lungs out! I HATE snakes. I know they’re beneficial and all but I’m scared to death of them. I hope those horrid things decide the neighbor’s driveway is a better place to be scary. 🙂

2. Holleygarden says:

I feel the same way – I try to be in tune with nature, and don’t use herbicides or pesticides, but I will not tolerate snakes! They must find a home elsewhere – or else!

3. elaine says:

Heavens above – I would have joined you indoors if I had seen them – my neighbour had a snake in her garden pond the other day – it was dead with a dead frog in its mouth. Gruesome.

4. jody says:

i really think, due to the size of the small head, that they are water moccasins – poisonous and deadly. Call someone. Do it. Now.

5. Jayne: Immediately send a photo to the exterminator!! You need to get those guys out of there. I had a black snake–monstrously large in my courtyard and I still can’t go back there. The exterminator told me to keep it as they will keep away copperheads, but I’m not happy. BTW your garden is bella.
    Best,
    Liz

6. Tabitha says:

Oh Dear God! Where do you live? I can’t believe it, I’ve never seen a snake before!

7. Tabitha says:

Hang on, noooooo, snakes in New England? How did this happen?